3/09/2006

COFFEE IS FOR CLOSERS



Put that coffee down. Coffee is for closers, only.

Harris: What's your name?

Baldwin: Fuck you, that's my name. You know why mister? Cause you drove
a Hyundai to get here tonight, I drove an 80,000 dollar BMW. That's my
name. (To Lemmon) And your name is you're wanting. You can't play in the
man's game, you can't close them? Then go home and tell your wife your
troubles. Because only one thing counts in this life. Get them to sign
on the line which is dotted. You hear me you fuckin' faggots.
(Flips the blackboard)


ABC. A, Always, B, Be, C, Closing. Always be closing. Always be closing.
AIDA. Attention. Interest. Decision. Action. Attention. Do I have your
attention? Interest. Are you interested? I know you are 'cause it's fuck
or walk. You close or you hit the bricks. Decision. Have you made your
decision for Christ? And action. AIDA. Get out there. You got the
prospects coming in, you think they came in to get out of the rain? A
guy don't walk on the lot lest he wants to buy. They're sitting out
there waiting to give you their money. Are you going to take it? Are you
man enough to take it? (To Harris) What's the problem, pal?


Harris: You, boss, you're such a hero, you're so rich, how come you're
coming down here and wasting your time with such a bunch of bums?


Baldwin: You see this watch? You see this watch?


Harris: Yeah.


Baldwin: That watch costs more than your car. I made 970,000 dollars
last year, how much you make? You see pal, that's who I am, and you're
nothing. Nice guy? I don't give a shit. Good father. Fuck you, go home
and play with your kids. You want to work here, close. You think this is
abuse? You think this is abuse, you cock-sucker. You can't take this,
how can you take the abuse you get on a sit. If you don't like it,
leave. I can go out there tonight, the materials you got, make myself
15,000 dollars. Tonight. In two hours. Can you? Can you?


Go and do likewise. AIDA. Get mad you son-of-a-bitch. Get mad. You
know what it takes to sell real-estate? It takes brass balls to sell
real estate. Go and do likewise, gents. The money's out there, you pick
it up, it's yours, you don't, I got no sympathy for you. You want to go
out on those sits tonight and close, close, it's yours, if not, you're
going to be shining my shoes. And you know what you'll be saying. Bunch
of losers sitting around in a bar: ''Oh yeah, I used to be a salesman.
It's a tough racket.''


These are the new leads. These are the Glengarry leads. And to you,
they're gold. And you don't get them. Why? Because to give them to you
is just throwing them away. They're for closers. I'd wish you good
luck, but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it. (To
Harris) And to answer your question, pal: Why am I here? I came here
because Mitch and Murray asked me to, they asked me for a favor. I said
the real favor, follow my advice and fire your fuckin' ass because a
loser is a loser.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home