1/31/2006

My first Album---not inherited from my brothers




As I mentioned in a prior post

I got turned on to all the great Music of the 60's and 70's buy just hunting around my house and finding the albums. ( read prior post titled PetSounds)
As a Kid....You also have the need for bubblegum in your life.

My favorite album in 5th grade that was not inherited but a birthday present was....

Elton John's Greatest Hits

.....Your Song,Daniel,HonkeyCat,GBYBR,SaturdayNight's AllRight,Rocketman,Bennie and the Jets,Dont let the Sun,Border Song,Crocodile Rock.
I loved this album and when I had a party we played it over and over.
Forgive me:
Jagger,Richards,McCartney,Harrison,Lennon,Page,Morrison----You guys would be more socially exceptable in JR high.....its just elementary kids at least then just loved "The Rocket Man".
I remember my brother teasing me about liking Elton John and I quipped back.
"He's better then Jethro Tull" My brother replied . "Is Jethro Tull a boy or a girl"
I immediatley replied. 'niether' just a band who relies too heavily on the flute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home