2/16/2006

Memories and Philadephia

There is something about the city of philadelphia that brings back great memories....This is not even my own memory but it is burned and etched forever in my heart.

Pawnbroker: Burns my fingers man.
Louis Winthorpe III: I beg your pardon?
Pawnbroker: Man, that watch is so hot, its smokin'.
Louis Winthorpe III: Hot? Do you mean to imply stolen?
Pawnbroker: I'll give you fifty bucks for it.
Louis Winthorpe III: Fifty bucks? No, no, no. This is a Rouchefoucauld. The finest water-resistant watch in the world. Singularly unique, sculptured in design, hand-crafted in Switzerland and water resistant to three atmospheres. This is *the* sports watch of the '80s. Six thousand, nine hundred and fifty five dollars retail!
Pawnbroker: You got a receipt?
Louis Winthorpe III: It tells time simultaneously in Monte Carlo, Beverley Hills, London, Paris, Rome and Gstaad.
Pawnbroker: In Philadelphia it's worth 50 bucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home